The following security measures are in place for Sheffield Film & Comic Con — these are in addition to FlyDSA Arena’s standard procedures which can be viewed in the FAQ section of our website.
Please ensure you read this information and arrive early to help this process run as efficiently as possible.
• All customers will be searched before they are allowed access to the venue.
• Small bags only please – we recommend nothing larger than A4 size.
• Costumes over 6ft 5in or wider than 6ft you must be accompanied by an experienced spotter at all times.
• All props will be checked at the door before you enter the venue, prohibited items include firearms, realistic replica guns, props/weapons with sharp edges, Bokken, functional bows & crossbows, darts, slingshots, unsecured whips and pyrotechnics.
• More costume & prop guidelines available from the show promoters at showmastersevents.com/index.php/cosplay-guidelines
• Anyone arriving in a costume with a face covering or mask should remove the covering/mask prior to arriving at the entry doors.
• Anyone requiring a pass-out will be allowed out of one door on green concourse – they will be scanned out and they will then need to be searched again prior to re-entering the venue. No-one will be allowed to congregate on the outer/upper concourse level.
• There will be no access to the venue car parks without a valid car parking ticket or parking permit.
• Anyone arranging to meet or pick up someone from the event must do so away from the venue and car parks.
We thank you for understanding and patience for the additional waiting time the above measures may lead to and ask that you forward these procedures on to others attending the Sheffield Film & Comic Con.
The Sheffield Film & Comic Con is back at the FlyDSA Arena for the fifth consecutive year on Saturday 18th and Sunday the 19th of August 2018.
Continuing to build on the success of the previous Film & Comic Con in Sheffield bringing more of your favourite stars from TV, Film and Comics as well as a whole host of fun activities including photo shoots with the stars, panels, autograph sessions and hundreds of stalls full of TV and Film Memorabilia to browse.
The Video Game Zone will host both modern & retro gaming with many casual-play and full-scale tournaments throughout the day. Browse hundreds of stalls selling collectable movie merchandise, costumes and toys. There will be a large number of free guest talks and several paid for premium guest talks over the weekend.
More info coming SOON!
Standard entry tickets are priced Adult £8.96 Children (4-12 yrs) £4.48, Family of 2 adults & 2 children under 12 £22.40 (including booking fee), with a limited number of Early Entry tickets available priced £16.80 (including booking fee) are available which will give you admission to the event from 9am on both Saturday & Sunday.
Join us for another fun weekend for fans of all things popular culture, with a hall full of exhibitors selling unique and official merchandise covering all aspects of everyone's favourite TV and Films right now, not forgetting the unique photo shoots, panels and the visually stunning cosplay!
Artistes are added (and in some cases cancel), for all the latest news and for a full list of activities, guests and stallholders attending the event visit https://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?/forum/385-film-comic-con-sheffield-2018/
You can view the venues general security procedures here. If there are any specific instructions you need to be aware of for this event then this information will be posted on this page along with the show timings the week of the show.
A breakdown of the ticket prices can be found below…
Early Entrance Tickets — Valid for early entrance between 9-11am
£16.80 (15.00 + 1.80 booking fee) web/phone bookings.
£15.75 (15.00 + 75p booking fee) counter sales
(no child prices — unless it’s for a child 3& under — they get a free ticket)
Standard Tickets – Valid for entrance between 11-6pm
Adult Ticket — ages 12yrs and over
£8.96 (8.00 + 96p booking fee) web/phone bookings.
£8.40 (8.00 + 40p booking fee) counter sales
Child Ticket — ages 4 — 11yrs
£4.48 (4.00 + 48p booking fee) web/phone bookings.
£4.20 (4.00 + 20p booking fee) arena counter sales
Family Ticket — 2 adults and 2 children under 12
£22.40 (20.00 + 2.40 booking fee) web/phone bookings.
£21.00 (20.00 + 1.00 booking fee) counter sales